Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gullibility is my downfall

So I found an ad on Craigslist looking for models for a clothing line. I thought, hey, this is a long shot, but it never hurts to try, right? I actually got a response. I was SOOOOO excited. The guy seemed legit, so when I went over and did my test shoot, I was even more excited. Then reality hit me. He offered me all these wonderful things, like a guaranteed spot with the clothing line, professional photo shoots, free clothes, royalties from merchandise, etc... if I spent the night with him. That was a big smack in the face. Here I am, this naive girl with big dreams, just trying to make my way in the world. I really didn't think people actually did that. I guess naive = gullible sometimes. I'm sure I'm much better off not having found out if the offer was genuine. But whether or not it was, it wasn't worth throwing away my relationship or self respect. *Sigh* Why do people have to be like that?

1 comment:

  1. lol! i think thats awesome... what would the world be with out verity. i know having to go out there and not do what it was you went out there to do is lame... BUT, now you have an awesome story to tell. and a good story is something most people never get to live for them selves... thats why so many go to the movies all the time! so i say GOOD FOR YOU! you didn't give in to the jack ass, you have your respect! and most of all A COOL STORY!

    ReplyDelete