Monday, June 22, 2009

Yay!

I'm so excited about starting my new job today! I will not at all miss being unemployed. Having a free schedule was nice as far as the modeling thing was concerned, but the boredom that came along with 90% of my time definitely will not be missed. That and having to run up my credit card 'cause I'm broke as a joke... won't miss that either. I figure if I'm making $800 a month, which I think is well within my grasp, coupled with my disability money, I should be well taken care of when it comes to all my bills and money to live on. I should even be able to pay down my credit card pretty steadily. And the best part is that, in actuality, I really do love waiting tables. I love interacting with people and making them happy, even if it's only through being courteous and bringing them food. And the nice thing about Denny's is that they don't serve alcohol, and that takes a big load off my shoulders when it comes to training. And there are no pre-dinner salads or bread or chips and salsa or anything fancy like that... straightforward drinks, meal, drink refills, check. I like the prospect of that. No, I'm not going to make the kind of money I was making at Queen Anne's... I had times I was making $25/hr there. But I think the trade off for how much of a pain in the ass it was and having to drive to and from effing Daniel Island will be well worth it. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment