Monday, June 15, 2009

Busy day ahead

As the title says, I have a very busy day ahead of me... as busy as one can be when one is unemployed. As soon as nine o'clock rolls around, I'm headed up to Wal-Mart to see about getting some new glasses. Yes, I'm getting glasses rather than contacts. They last longer and I don't have to worry about losing one in the shower or the pool. And I really don't need glasses that badly that I have to wear them at all times. I actually see better at the computer without them, and when I'm in the comfort of my apartment I don't really wear them at all. Anyway, I've lost a contact while driving before... that's a scary experience 'cause that's when I really need them. Then I have to make my way to the bank and get statements from my accounts for the last two months or so so they can see how I've spent my settlement money and make sure I'm poor enough to qualify for Supplemental Security Income as well as my disability check every month. Then I have the appointment itself this afternoon. That'll be a barrel of monkeys. Then, provided the weather doesn't prohibit me from doing so, I pretty badly need to take out my trash and clean up the apartment. I haven't had anyone over in a while so I've gotten a little lax about keeping things clean. At least I got my laundry done this weekend... what a relief! It's amazing to me that I actually had enough underwear to last three weeks. Go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment