Monday, June 22, 2009

Life gets complicated when you least expect it

So I got in a fight with my husband yesterday. Mostly I was feeling unusually bitter and upset, but I forget sometimes that this hurts him too. Anyway, I didn't feel too bad about voicing my opinions... till the accident. Someone made an illegal left hand turn in front of him at a light and he ended up on his side (not even sure if the bike rolled over him) and was pretty much literally ripped up from near his shoulder down. Thank God he was wearing his helmet, but he was still pretty effed up. Of course I was the one he called to come to the hospital with him; after all, we're technically still married and I both have his insurance card and have the authority to sign paperwork for him. And he doesn't really have anyone else. My parents kind of treat him like a pariah now, which is... not ideal. I don't hate him, I just don't want him as my husband. Anyway, he didn't break any bones, but the guy left the scene of the accident, and he didn't see the license plate of the car that did this to him and barely even saw the make of it, so it'll be hard to catch the guy. Sigh. Can't help feeling bad for him. This is where I would usually kick into "Nurse Manda" mode and do everything I could to take care of him. It was just brutal seeing him in so much pain while they were cleaning him up; I fought back tears as he tried not to scream. I did what I could though. I took him home, got his medicine for him and some ice packs... I would've done more if I hadn't had to rush to work (went well, btw). It just confuses things a little when he seems so helpless. Hard to stay mad at him, at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment