Monday, June 8, 2009

The great american novel, and other stuff.

So I began writing my proposed novel yesterday. It's actually coming along surprisingly well considering my lack of focus. I'm beginning right in the middle of the story though. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. What it helps me do is realize what I need to explain in the beginning, and where I need to go with the story to come up with an interesting ending. Of course, there are a few things of which I'm already sure. The material for the beginning is all there, in my head, but the fact is that there's so much material that I need to weed out the unnecessary details. I need to make this succinct and readable without droning on about things that only I would find important.

So I have a couple shoots this week, both somewhat paid. One is going to be out on the beach, which should be fun.

I had a job interview today, which was a minor disaster. That's not to say I feel like I did anything wrong, but they basically had me believing there was no way I would get the job before I even sat down, and they made clear their unwillingness to train me. So... that one's pretty much fucked. I'll keep trying some other prospects until I finally obtain some sort of employment.

I go into the social security office in a week. That's going to be at the very least terribly frustrating, but hopefully I will come away from it having convinced them that my income and resources are limited enough that I require extra assistance from the government. I might even be able to get food stamps. We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment