Sunday, June 7, 2009

Drinking is best left to the professionals

Lately I've been going to sleep very early. I mean, we're talking about between 5:30 and 8 pm early. Mostly out of sheer boredom and loneliness. So it was getting near my "bedtime" last night and I saw my neighbor hanging out on his porch, and we're on pretty friendly terms, so I went up to say hi. "Hi" turned into four hours of conversation and WAY more than I should've had to drink. He had quite a bit more than I had and still seemed pretty okay, but me, I was stumbling-ass drunk. Still, after I went back to my own apartment and proceeded to puke my guts out (and thank goodness I did... not terribly hungover this morning), I was still grateful for the company and having someone to really talk to. However, I think it would be in my best interest, next time I hang out with someone who's drinking, to just control myself and accept the offer of water rather than booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment