Thursday, June 4, 2009

The soap opera that is my life

My life is one big fucking soap opera right now. Too much drama, too many characters, too many story lines to keep up with at once. I'll tell you what the problem is: men. Perhaps it's more my interactions with them that are the problem... not sure. Got the husband I left still trying to be my best friend, the guy I'm currently "with", the guy I could see myself falling in love with if he'd only give me a chance, and then a flurry of others of varying roles and importance. And in the center of it all is ME. But I can hardly take myself out of the equation, can I? *sigh*

As far as the modeling thing goes, I have a shoot coming up on the 10th with another out-of-town photographer coming to the area. It's not REALLY paid, but I get some gas money out of it at least. I have another shoot coming up a bit later in the summer (depending on when they come down here) that I'm slightly nervous about, but I think we should be able to pull it off in a way I'll be pleased with.

The job front is frustrating as always. My caseworker at vocational rehab seemed more concerned with talking about the demise of my marriage than with finding me a damn job. Once I finally got her back on task, she was pretty helpful though. Filled out a couple applications, sent in a couple resumes, etc. And may I just say that HNS (code name for my neighbor... if you need to know what it stands for, just ask. :)) was extremely helpful the other night when he helped me write a new resume. I have a fucking awesome resume now! I have faith I'll get a job before my money runs out and I have to beg my parents for help. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment