Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's not so great experiencing it...

Well, even though my soap-opera life seems to get more complicated by the day, I'm very much looking to write about it all. Not in my blog, obviously, although I hint at things I probably shouldn't. Like I said, I need to write it all down in a short story or novel. Perhaps what I'll do is keep a real journal on my computer and see where that takes me as far as giving me ideas for my story. I could probably write ten chapters on my disaster of a marriage alone, and even then I don't think I'd necessarily be doing the absolutely disastrous nature of it justice. I shouldn't put it quite so harshly. My husband and I are still on cordial terms, but there's no denying how liberated and relieved I felt leaving him... that must mean the relationship was a little more than, as my therapist put it, "fucked up." That is a direct quote, by the way. It's funny hearing someone you respect and who's supposed to keep her cool drop the f-bomb. But yes, intrigue and drama sell, and if I'm going to be a serious writer, I've got to make someone want to keep reading. More importantly, I've got to write about something interesting enough to keep my attention long enough to write it. So that's my plan: keep the most truthful account of what has happened recorded, if only for myself to read, until I have enough material to take to a publisher, or at least a good editor. I don't expect to skyrocket to fame, but at least I can get an interesting story out there and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment