Saturday, May 23, 2009

Big girls dream big!


Well, perhaps the title of my entry generalizes a lot more than I intend it to do so. Really what I mean that, for a big girl, I have big dreams. I had my first photo shoot this morning as an aspiring model, and although only about 40% of the photos of nearly 120 were to my liking, some of them were absolutely drop dead gorgeous! I got my ass up before 5 am today to do my makeup and hair and all that and get downtown by 6... thank God dawn wasn't much earlier. I had a blast though, whether I ever make it as a plus sized model or (more likely) not. I must admit, there were a few shots with a hint of lingerie showing, but generally it was just me, downtown, in a sun dress looking as pretty as I could manage so early in the morning. A good time was had by all. I have another photo shoot tentatively scheduled for Tuesday with a different set of photographers... another unpaid shoot, but at this point I could stand to just build my portfolio and see what comes of it. It's a crackpot dream, and I'm very well aware the likelihood of it taking off is next to none, but it's fun, and I need a little fun in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment