Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Surgery isn't my favorite thing in the world

So I got my tubes tied this morning. I'm officially sterile. I'm glad I did it. I mean, not jumping out of my chair glad, but it was necessary. The decision was almost solely based on the problems my illness poses. Number one: I'd have to go off my meds to carry a child, which would put us both in danger. Number two: I am terrible at handling stress, and children don't come in low-stress varieties. Number three: being on disability, it's horribly unlikely that I'd ever be able to financially support a child. Number four: being mentally ill, I couldn't put a child's needs before my health. And I guess it should be mentioned that I'm not even that fond of children. In a way it's a little sad, but it needed to be done and I'm glad they finally let me do it. My dad and the bf were there with me this morning, and it meant a lot having their support. All my friends and family have been really supportive about the whole thing, and I love them for that more than they know. Now I've just gotta chill out and heal. Luckily I'm really only going to have one small scar because they did the procedure laproscopically and only made one incision in my lower abdomen and went in through my belly button above it. The medicine they've given me for the pain seems to be working well, so I'm in pretty good spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment