Thursday, July 23, 2009

How do you trust something so insane?

I'm not used to this shit. So I've been spending a lot of time with the new bf lately. It's all very confusing. First of all, there's his age. He's five years younger than me. When you're 25, five years feels like a lifetime. Then there's the little fact that I met him in the hospital. Then there's the fact that I've known him for less than a month, and a majority of the time we spent together was in the hospital. So WHY am I so nuts over him? I mean, it's pretty normal for me to fall for someone quickly when I get a good vibe from them, but in this case the flurry of emotions is really confusing and even slightly scary. The whole story of how we ended up being an item in the first place is pretty nuts. That's another story for another time. *Sigh* Some of it is the stark contrast between him and the last two major relationships I've had. Case in point, my husband never told me I was beautiful. He always used the words "cute" or "adorable" or on a good day "pretty", but never "beautiful". Beautiful just has an entirely different connotation, a sort of reverence, you know? And the bf has already called me beautiful. In a way it reminds me of my relationship with my ex, except without all the fighting and crying, and that's really what spoiled that one. He's more like my husband in temperment and more like my ex in affection. It's a pretty nice balance. But he's so young! He's not even almost 21. He JUST turned 20. Uhg. I didn't want to get involved with someone so soon after leaving my husband, much less did I expect to actually develop feelings for someone after my heart had been so completely and utterly torn to shreds. But life never happens the way you expect it to, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment