Friday, April 29, 2011

Wedding fever

Even though I'm currently going through a divorce, I've recently been caught up in trying to decide what Clayton and I will do for our wedding. It's actually probably in reaction to the fact that I'm getting divorced... like I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Of course, it's probably in reaction to the whole royal wedding thing too. I dunno. In any case, it's a subject that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later if we're going to be getting married in a little over a year. The biggest challenge we'll have to address is that my parents won't be paying for my second wedding, so we're probably going to have to fund the whole thing ourselves, which rules out a lot of options as far as where we'd have a ceremony and all that. There's a minute chance that Clayton's family might pay for things, but we certainly won't be counting on it. So... yeah. At most we might be able to put away a couple hundred bucks a month, but I would much rather go on a honeymoon than have a wedding. It seems like the most likely scenario is that we'll end up going to the courthouse or something anticlimactic like that. Yay, so exciting. I'm not going to say I won't be happy just to go to the courthouse, because in the end we'll still be married, but it would be nice if we could actually have a ceremony of some sort. But then we have to take into account Clayton's huge family and the fact that they wouldn't be satisfied unless every one of them in a 500 mile radius was there. That's terribly frustrating. I don't want 100 people at my wedding, I really don't, but Clayton said that's not a terribly unrealistic estimate (assuming 10-20 guests from my side). GAH! Maybe it's just because I've been through planning a wedding before and he hasn't, but I don't think he even comes close to grasping just how stressful planning a wedding is, no matter how simple you try to keep it. Not to mention we'd be getting married in Missouri, and planning a wedding in another state would be way more stressful than planning something local. The courthouse is sounding like a better and better option by the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment